Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sultry, sweltering, sublime summer days {Nature}

I forgot how much I adore the deep south. What a gorgeous place, saturated with so much life and color. Today, Wes and I went down to the lake and I caught sight of a beautiful tricolored heron fishing by the dock. I didn't have a telephoto lens with me, so I knew I would have to be right next to my subject to get a large enough image. Still, I really (and I mean really) wanted that shot, so I barreled down to the dock and snapped a few pictures. I wasn't happy with what I was getting; I needed to be closer, but I didn't want to scare my heron away, so I…

…Well, I belly crawled across the scalding metal dock. I now have burns all down my forearms (which is kind of lame) but I also have a beautiful photograph of the heron. I don't even feel any pain.



1 comment: